|A flare. Creates light for a short period of time. The paper is a little worn, but otherwise it's in good condition. It is lit.|
|Damage||1 - 1|
|Single||AP: 2, Range: 15.|
|Base price||60 caps|
When activated, a flare creates a light around the player holding it in one of their hands. It can help raise a player's accuracy during the night.
They come in a few different coloured versions.
Note: Once lit by a player, they last for 10 to 20 real time minutes.
Note: If you find a flare on a ground in an encounter, it lasts for 30 to 60 minutes from the map generation.
Flare color versions
This weapon cannot be found in any encounter. But can be obtained during various quests.
- The Rail Line Gang quest, in the The Rail Line Gang's camp.
- Explore the stranded ship quest, on the ship.
- Radscorpion Subway quest, in the subway
- Flares can be used to generate light on the ground. For each flare dropped separately on the same hex, the intensity of the color grows. If equipped in a hand slot, a flare will make player glow.
- Flares can be used as a throwing weapon.