Workbench is the most important crafting tool. If your skills are raised enough, you can craft most of your items (Belonging to your profession) using a workbench. As you can't move it, you'll have to find an existing one to use it. Most workbenches have an attached tool board (like the one shown here). The tool board is a container, but not every workbench has a tool board. The workbench you get with a Trapper Camp base, for example, has a basic workbench with no tool board.
- In every single faction base.
- In Ghost Farm underground.
- In every town, except Necropolis :
- Klamath's workbench is in Vic's house, above the main exit grid.
- The Den's workbench is into the Metzger's house.
- Modoc's workbench is into the tannery, above the General Store.
- Vault City's workbench is immediately at the right of the brahmin pen.
- Gecko's workbench is in Skeeter's machine shop, at the north.
- Redding's workbench is into an abandoned storehouse, at the top-right corner of the map.
- New Reno's first workbench is in Eldridge's New Reno Arms building (western area). Two workbenches are also located in T-Ray's gas station.
- Broken Hills's workbench is in the caravans office, at the east of the main exit grid.
- NCR's workbench is inside the city, above the BoS outpost.
- San Francisco's workbench is in the Western Star shop, in the main street, on the left side.
- The Hub's workbench is in Oldtown, in the east building.
- Junktown's workbench is in the building at the right of Kilian Darkwater's General Store.
- Boneyard has two workbenches : One is into Jargo's (the gunsmith) building, near the main entrance, at the right. The other one is in the Blades area, on the east, near the hanged man.